Skip To Main Content

Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment with ARC

San Juan Unified and Mesa Verde High School have partnered up with American River College to provide access to college classes at Mesa Verde during the regular school day. Students who enroll and pass the dual-enrollment course will earn 10 credits towards their high school diploma AND 3 college credits that transfers to whichever college students choose to attend after high school. 

Note: Students can take up to two Dual Enrollment classes each semester

If you are interested in enrolling in a Dual Enrollment course, contact your School Counselor. Students who ultimately choose to enroll in a dual-enrollment course will need to:

1. Enroll as an American River College student to attain a valid ARC student ID number

2. Submit a signed parent permission form

3. Have their School Counselor submit the student's name on the SJUSD interest form


Learn more about the Dual Enrollment Program at ARC

Our ARC Dual Enrollment interest form for Spring courses is now open! Complete the form below to sign up. 

Dual Enrollment is a program that allows current high school students to take specific American River College classes to earn both high school and college credit. Please note this is an interest form only,  completing this form does not guarantee you a spot in the class. Students must apply to ARC and obtain parent permission to participate. 

This is our student interest sign up form:

Classes are listed below:

ENGWR 300 - English Writing.  College Composition class

ENGWR 302 - Advanced English Writing Composition class (Must complete ENGWR300)

HEED 300 - Health Science: Health status of both individuals and community

MUFHLE 308- Introduction to Music: Rock & Roll

SOC 300 - Intro to Sociology: Examines principles and basic concepts in sociology

SPAN 401 & 402 - Elementary Spanish 

DEAF 310 and 312 - American Sign Language 1 & 2

STAT 300 - Introduction to probability and statistics


Need Assistance?  Contact the Counseling Office to Schedule an Appointment
Amanda Adams  Counseling Secretary  916-971-5262

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Do you have to go to the ARC campus to take a dual enrollment course?

Although Dual Enrollment classes are ARC college classes, they are completely asynchronous online courses. The expectation is that students work on their dual enrollment class in a "study hall" during one of their high school periods.


Last Modified on January 28, 2022